Design & Construction Job Descriptions & Questions
What is a Marketing Manager Job Description?
This integral position is responsible for leading all activities related to conceptualizing and implementing marketing and communications strategies. Key responsibilities include business and market development; market research, competitive analysis and planning; strategic direction for promotion and advertising; coordination and execution of projects in coordination with business development activities; and leading the marketing staff to ensure alignment with companyís strategic goals and mission.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
* Serves as primary contact for region's marketing efforts, providing support in the area of marketing strategy and management. Partners with Regional leadership and Business Development to set and lead regional marketing priorities.
* Oversees and directs market and competitor analysis programs. Strategizes and creates brand image and awareness programs that are distinctive and highlight ís value proposition from the competition utilizing effective marketing communications and public relations programs.
* Develops compelling communication (e.g., write sales collateral), customer awareness and education programs (e.g., Trade Shows), which support and sell the organizationís capabilities and services.
* Oversees the Customer Loyalty program for the region. Creates marketing reports that track, measure and analyze performance that includes external customer satisfaction via effective customer surveys and analysis of internal customer relationship management data and tools.
* Ensures all marketing communications are coordinated, support marketing plan objectives and are an effective expenditure of resources.
* Develops lead generation programs which maximize the identification of new prospects and sales opportunities.
* Provides marketing skills and expertise to by building, developing, managing and mentoring a marketing team capable of executing the organizations marketing strategies and tactics.
* Participates in interview strategy/preparation of potential new business and provides research on topics relevant to markets and clients.
* Participates in the creation and oversees the production of winning proposals by collaborating with the Marketing Team, Region Management, Business Development, and Project Managers. Identifies key points for competitive positioning and ensures accurate and updated information is contained within project proposals.
* Oversees the integrity of corporate identity standards in all materials produced by the department and oversees the overall management of the CRM system for the region.
* Prudently manages resources within budgetary guidelines according to company policy and within ethical corporate governance guidelines. Manage external vendors as appropriate.
* Demonstrates positively ís mission, vision, value statements, reputation, code of ethics, standards, policies and procedures internally and throughout the marketplace.
Job Requirements :
* Bachelor's degree in business, communications, journalism, or closely related field. MBA preferred.
* Minimum of 7+ years of marketing experience including at least 3 years marketing management experience.
* Highly collaborative leadership style with the ability to respond quickly and effectively to ever-changing situations. Must possess the ability to coach, mentor and lead a diverse staff to deliver best in class services to our clients.
* Broad functional experience in areas of strategic planning and marketing, business and market development, market research and planning and promotions/advertising.
* Experience building strategic marketing programs/concepts, and selling the strategic programs at the Executive level.
* Experience creating and implementing brand awareness and communications programs and driving business using direct and channel-oriented selling models.
* Exhibit strong business acumen, skills and maturity and the ability to work effectively with others even under stressful deadlines situations.
* Highly developed organizational and planning skills, time management skills and written/oral communications skills.
* Ability to think critically and draw from several resources (and interact with all levels of staff) to create unified and persuasive marketing collateral materials.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint a must. Demonstrated experience with Adobe graphics programs (Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design) a plus.