Design & Construction Job Descriptions & Questions
What is Construction Purchasing Director Job Description ?
This is administrative work involved with assisting the Administrator of Internal Services/Director of Purchasing and Contracting in preparing complex and technical specifications for purchase projects and construction projects (contract documents). Employee will act, with full authority, on behave of the Administrator of Internal Services/Director of Purchasing and Contracting in his absence. Under general direction the employee will process daily requests for purchase forms, certificates for partial disbursement, payroll records, and will maintain proper documentation on same. Employee makes decisions on a daily basis, ranging from routine to complex. The employee has daily contact with other departments and the private sector, which requires courtesy, tact and diplomacy.
Essential Job Functions
1. Acts, with full authority in operational matters accept personnel matters, on behave of the Administrator of Internal Services/Director Purchasing and Contracting in his absence.
2. Assists the Administrator of Internal Services/Director of Purchasing & Contracting in coordinating and executing all sealed bid projects for Purchases, as well as, Construction Projects.
3. Employee is responsible for processing and obtaining approval to make commitments on all daily requests for purchase forms. Employee keeps up with market trends, obtains price quotes, inquires on availability of item(s), ascertains the quality of the items to be purchased and with the assistance of the Administrator makes decisions to purchase same.
4. Employee is responsible for the review and determination of acceptable price quotes and follow-up to complete purchases. Employee maintains contact with vendors to assure compliance with specifications, price and delivery agreements, expedites deliveries when necessary.
5. Employee assists the Administrator in ensuring compliance with all city, state and federal requirements referenced government procurement and contracts. Employee is responsible for reports and/or records of a recurring nature. Assembles information from a diversity of sources.
6. Employee is responsible for conducting employee field interviews on all correspondence with respective contractor(s) reference any payroll discrepancies and will maintain proper documentation on same. Employee will ensure proper execution of forms required by funding agencies.
7. Assists the Administrator of Internal Services/Director of Purchasing and Contracting, on special projects and assignments.
8. Assists the Administrator of Internal Services/Director of Purchasing and Contracting in providing training, guidance and assistance to the Purchasing & Contracting staff, Materials Management staff as well as the Service Center staff in matters that pertain to their individual and combined operations.
Requires a four (4) year college degree in Business Administration or related field. (Formal Education may be off -set by two (2) years of work experience in a municipal Purchasing & Contracting environment for each year of college education required).
Requires six (6) to eight (8) years of work experience in Municipal Purchasing & Contracting Required Documentation Official Transcript from a Bachelors degree in Business Admin or related.