3-5 years Facilities management experience
Experience and knowledge of facility safety and environmental requirements, code, and compliance.
Knowledge in facilities design
In-depth knowledge of manufacturing facilities infrastructure, including: HVAC, Exhaust and Abatement, water systems such as deionized, chilled, and waste water treatment,
Knowledge in the operation, maintenance and repairs of fire alarm and sprinkler system
Space planning and administration
Building/Facility Management Control Systems
Responsible for the operations for the organization, with overall accountability for operating objectives, cost containment, and quality of delivered services/products as measured by internal customer satisfaction.
* Supports and mentors subordinate managers in the fulfillment of their functions by establishing priorities, setting professional standards, and critical review of performance and development plans.
* Proactively works with customer peers and executives to establish strategic plans and needs, and to identify and implement viable solutions to meet these needs.
* Identifies general areas for process and program improvement, defines criteria for solutions, and assigns and monitors implementation through subordinate managers.
* May serve as an internal consultant to upper management as staff expert in a particular technical or business field.
* May perform specific staff business tasks at the expert level.
* Manages the development of operating and capital budgets for one or more departments, in accordance with corporate business plans.
* Oversees the management and control of these financial resources over the course of the financial period.
* Foresees the impact of evolving change upon existing operating plans and budgets. Directs through subordinate managers, the development of operating expense and capital budgetary strategies to effectively accommodate significant changes to business conditions, opportunities, and requirements.
* Is sensitive to the changing corporate business environment, the resulting impacts upon the operating divisions, and the ultimate impacts upon customer needs.
* Strong communications, presentation, and interpersonal skills. Definite customer satisfaction and total quality management emphasis. Experienced in the use and practical business applications of various PC based software packages. Exhibits creativity, integrity, and openness to prudent risk-taking.
INCUMBENTS ARE PREFERRED WHO POSSESS THE FOLLOWING MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
* B.S. Degree, or equivalent, in such areas as Engineering, Construction Management, Procurement Management, Architecture, etc.
* 11 years significant business experience in high technology manufacturing/process industries, with 5 years supervisory/management experience.
INCUMBENTS ARE PREFERRED WHO POSSESS THE FOLLOWING :
* M.S./MBA Degree with focus on project/construction management or financial/operations analysis
* 12+ years experience in real estate, facilities management, and/or industrial construction management within the high technology industries
* 8 years of management experience
* Proven track record in delivering customer satisfaction.
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in its workforce.
|Applied Materials, Inc. (Nasdaq: AMAT) is the global leader in Nanomanufacturing Technology solutions with a broad portfolio of innovative equipment, service and software products for the fabrication of semiconductor chips, flat panel displays, solar photovoltaic cells, flexible electronics and energy efficient glass. At Applied Materials, we apply Nanomanufacturing Technology to improve the way people live.
Founded in 1967, Applied Materials creates and commercializes the nanomanufacturing technology that helps produce virtually every semiconductor chip and flat panel display in the world. Our service products improve yield enhancement and increase nanomanufacturing productivity. Today, our expertise is also being used in solar photovoltaic (PV) panels that turn abundant sunlight into clean electricity.
To support our customers, Applied Materials employs approximately 12,600* people throughout the world. In fiscal year 2009, Applied Materials recorded revenues of approximately U.S. $5.0 billion.