Estimating and Proposals
1. Vetting Projects, Cities and Subcontractors in existing and new
markets throughout California.
2. Take responsibility for estimating through detailed take-offs and
subcontractor pricing evaluation from conceptual information.
3. Assemble and communicate a proposal response to RFPs including:
a. Schedule of Values
b. Outline Specification
c. Project Schedule
1. Navigate through the city process of Entitlements from Preliminary
Site Plan Approval to City Council Approvals.
2. Lead Design/Build process. Navigate design team of Architect and
Consulting Engineers through the Conceptual and Schematic Design
process up through Construction Drawings and Building Permit.
3. Exceed Owner expectations while providing efficient and cost
effective value propositions.
4. Manage against scope/schedule/design creep from
1. Manage Owner/Tenant and City through the construction process.
2. Competitively bid, scope, award and manage all building trades.
3. Thorough shop drawing review and analysis.
4. Resolve project conflicts and manage change orders.
5. Primary and regular coordination/communication with full time, onsite
6. Assure project remains on schedule.
7. Assemble monthly Payment Applications to Owner and Cost Reports
to Vice President.
1. Expand into new product types
2. Interview/hire office and field staff
3. Educate/Mentor/Motivate staff
i. Construction: Expertise of electrical, mechanical, structural, civil,
geotechnical, landscaping and architectural facets as they relate to schedule,
cost, quality, design and performance.
ii. Building: Experienced in large office/warehouse distribution facilities.
i. Subcontractor: Represent all of firm's interests with respect to a project and
provide all necessary primary interface with the subcontractor.
ii. Client: Represent the firm's interests with respect to a project, provide all
necessary primary interface with the client. Keep the Vice President apprised
of appropriate business issues and implement directions and decisions as
c. Project Management Teaming:
i. Review, administer and prioritize Project Managements activities to promote
efficiency and productivity as well as promote individual and professional
growth for project engineers (support staff).
ii. Encourage, educate and evaluate Project Managements technical knowledge
and expertise on specific projects as well as various product types.
iii. Motivate, counsel and promote a positive, productive relationship that
enables employee career satisfaction in harmony with company goals.
i. Improvements: Review, suggest research and assist with implementation of
operation improvements through the refinement of current programs and the
introduction of new programs.
ii. Problem Resolution: Investigate, research and pursue resolutions to current or existing operational problems.
a. Education: B.S. in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or Architecture.
b. Experience: 7 - 15 years of Design/Build experience in the construction industry,
with the majority of that time spent in estimating, pre-construction and project
management working on large commercial and/or industrial buildings.
i. LEED Accreditation is a plus.
ii. OSHA 30 Hour is a plus.
d. Technology Experience:
i. Microsoft Office is required.
ii. Project Management software, i.e. Prolog, is required.
iii. Scheduling software, i.e. Microsoft Project, is required.
iv. Assurance and/or Textura experience is a plus.