Position requires an individual with 15-20+ years of experience in the construction industry. The Sr. Mechanical Estimator will be responsible for providing detailed estimates based upon conceptual documents as well as schematic, design development and construction documents. The Sr. Mechanical Estimator must interface with other estimating disciplines as well as the other members of the Project Team, Subcontractors and Owner Representatives. The Sr. Mechanical Estimator will be responsible for all take-offs, pricing and producing the final estimate to be incorporated into the final work product.
1. Minimum 1520 years experience
2. Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Technical/Design Education or equivalent estimating experience
3. Must have experience with all aspects of mechanical estimating, including HVAC and Piping Systems, Plumbing, Process Piping, ATC Systems and Process Instrumentation.
4. Ability to work with Process P&ID drawings
5. Knowledge of local Subcontractor Market
6. Must be personable and capable of direct client interaction
7. Well organized with strong written and oral communication skills
8. Subcontractor Project Management & Field Experience helpful but not required
9. Working skills with standard business software (MS Office Suite).
10. Must be proficient in MS Excel
11. Must have a working knowledge of OST On Screen Take-off
12. Ability to work in a team environment and handle multiple assignments.
13. Responsible for preparation and coordination of all aspects of Mechanical Estimates including conceptual, CM and lump sum.
14. Ability to generate take offs, conceptual estimates and detailed estimates for GMP/CM proposals, budgets and negotiated work with limited oversight by others
15. Ability to lead Mechanical Estimating Effort on projects ranging in size from $5M to in excess of $100M in the public and private sectors
16. Work closely with Estimating Managers and Senior Estimators in finalizing 16. estimates.