The Director of Accounting will have full responsibility for the following:
* Maintain general ledger for multiple companies
* Timely preparation of monthly financial statements for multiple companies
* Reconciliation of bank accounts
* Proper timing of revenue recognition
* Knowledge of GAAP reporting requirements
* Preparation of month-end journal entries and reconciliations
* General ledger analysis of accounts
* Maintain inter-company accounts
* Preparation of financial-related reports as assigned or as required by outside agencies or lending institutions
* Work closely with external accountants on income tax preparation
* Review state, city licenses and filing and real and personal property taxes
* Payroll Approval
* Cash management
* Prepare annual budgets
* Manage actual expenditure to budgets
* Assist Staff as needed
Key success factors include:
* Proficient in creating and maintaining complex Microsoft Excel modeling applications.
* Willing and able to read loan documents, partnership operating agreements, or other pertinent documents and understand their relationship to the financial statements.
* Highly organized, and flexible/adaptable to changes in organizational structure and work priorities.
* Team oriented with interest in working both independently and outside the accounting area in order to achieve Company goals.
* Proficient with Quickbooks accounting software.
* Attention to detail.
* Ability to work effectively in a family-owned, entrepreneurial small office environment.
* Maintain confidentiality of owner's personal financial information.
* Positive attitude, professionalism, and integrity.
* Ability to communicate clearly in both verbal and written form.
* Ability to represent the Company with the highest level of professionalism in knowledge and image.
* Self-motivated and highly skilled problem solver.
* Ability to work in a fast paced and varied environment