ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for the preventative and corrective maintenance of the entire hotel property, interior and exterior, and the development, execution and follow-through of the hotel work order system. Ensure all required repairs and maintenance is performed on all hotel equipment and assets as scheduled or requested by guests, Housekeeping, and/or management.
Such duties could consist of HVAC, plumbing and electrical repairs, and furniture replacement and/or repair, etc.
Perform preventive maintenance on hotel equipment and assets.
* Ensure all required repairs and maintenance is performed on all hotel equipment and assets as scheduled or requested by guests, Housekeeping, and/or management. Such duties could consist of HVAC, plumbing and electrical repairs, and furniture replacement and/or repair, etc.
* Perform preventive maintenance on hotel equipment and assets per set schedule.
* Perform daily walk through, record all meter readings and boiler temperature.
Directing Team Members
* Hire, train, supervise, coach and counsel maintenance team members.
* Schedule team members - taking into consideration expected guest arrivals and departures, occupancy levels, guest service needs and budgetary guidelines.
* Maintain and facilitate effective training programs.
* Ensure that maintenance team members are properly uniformed and are following all hotel procedures.
* Ensure that all operations of Engineering equipment and procedures are understood and performed safely in accordance with company guidelines and government regulations.
* Provide written details of work performed on Work Order forms and other documents.
* Record all maintenance request work performed in the log program and return request to proper location on request board or as directed.
* Assemble weekly and Period Summary Maintenance Reports and identify and track trends in order to anticipate future work projects and costs.
* Inform Front Desk and Housekeeping of rooms where work is being performed so they can be put out of order if needed. Will notify Front Desk and Housekeeping when work has been completed.
* Know hotel emergency procedures and where all emergency shut-offs are located. Assist hotel Guests when necessary in case of an emergency.
* Facilitates all Emergency Response Training and Safety Training for all hotel team members.
* Perform special projects assigned in time set for each project.
Job Requirements: QUALIFICATIONS:
Successful candidate will have 2-4 years facility maintenance management experience in a hotel environment. Knowledge of proper chemical handling, and advanced knowledge of HVAC, electrical, and plumbing skills. Must be able to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively and professionally with other business departments, guests, and vendors. Operate office equipment such as, but not limited to, printers, fax machine and copiers. Basic computer skills are required. Must have a valid Driver's License and appropriate vehicle insurance, as required by law. Work hours/days vary as dictated by business needs, and may include weekends and holidays.