Performs professional architectural services and expertise for major City building projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Applies architectural expertise to large building projects; reviews design work; performs architectural programming; prepares cost estimates of projects.
• Conducts site assessments and assessments of existing buildings.
• Serves as the Architect of Record for design, construction document preparation and construction contract administration; formulates standard specification language for architectural projects.
• Provides project management over architect’s contracts and building contractors.
• Reviews payment applications; prepares requests for proposal (RFP); performs contract negotiations.
• Provides technical assistance to other City staff, including cost estimating, scope of work reviews, building code searches/analysis, product/material research and building condition assessments.
• Provides work direction to technical staff.
Bachelor’s degree in Architecture and three (3) years of experience as a registered Architect. A combination of education, experience, and training may be applied in accordance with City policy.
Valid class D driver’s license required. Position requires an acceptable driving record in accordance with city policy. State of New Mexico professional Architect registration.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge of: Principles and practices of architectural design; principles and practices of project management; principles and practices of contract administration
Ability to:Perform cost estimates, scope of work reviews, building code searches/analysis, product/material research and site/building condition assessments; perform architectural programming; communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; establish effective working relationships; use a personal computer and various software applications; drafting instruments.
Skills in: Personal computer and in the use of engineering and drafting instruments and related equipment
Licenses and/or Certifications:
Valid class D driver’s license required. Position requires an acceptable driving record in accordance with city policy. State professional Architect registration.