Construction controllers work for general contractors or specialty contractors and typically perform the following:
• Oversee financial operations including AP/AR, job cost accounting, payroll and cash flow management
• Develop and maintain the system of internal accounting controls and financial reporting
• Budgeting, forecasting and analysis
• Work-In-Progress reporting & General Ledger
• Produce monthly financial statements
• Coordinate quarterly accounting reviews, annual audits and tax returns
• Maintain state registrations, business and tax licenses, etc.
Critical key competencies:
• Decision making
• Multi tasking
• Project/task follow-up
• Experience dealing with banks and financial institutions
• Work with Senior Management and Operations Managers to ensure financial directives are followed.
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Strong knowledge of Excel required, experience with ComputerEase preferred